Senior Project Manager
Headquartered in Fairview Heights, Illinois, IMPACT has earned recognition as a premier commercial builder by establishing lasting customer relationships based in trust, accountability and exceptional value. For over 17 years, our team of highly experienced construction professionals has provided the highest levels of leadership, building and safety excellence. IMPACT provides expertise in design/build, general contracting and construction management services and specializes in retail, commercial, healthcare, educational, multi-family, and senior housing projects. For more about IMPACT, please visit www.BuildwithIMPACT.com.
Key Responsibilities include:
- CREATE RAVING FANS: Ensure that every client and prospective client of IMPACT becomes a “raving fan” of our unparalleled customer service and multi-family service offerings. Build service-oriented relationships to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction from initial design through final details.
- OVERSEE PRE-CONSTRUCTION: Work closely with our pre-construction team to establish high-quality relationships with vendors and subcontractors to service our client contracts. Work with architects, engineers, vendors, and subcontractors to obtain optimum value and performance for our clients. Negotiate/document subcontracts and purchase orders. Work with municipalities and local utilities to determine special conditions, requirements and services. Establish job cost book and construction schedule. Conduct in-house debriefing with estimating representative and superintendent to discuss schedule, budget, construction methods and mobilization requirements. Confirm proper project insurance coverage and funding from applicable lending institution. Lead pre-construction conference for subcontractors.
- PROVIDE JOB SITE LEADERSHIP: Oversee job superintendents and project staff, review job progress and cost reports and provide ongoing support and guidance regarding job specifications, labor, and equipment needs. Adhere to schedule and manage project budgets. Conduct weekly site visits to identify potential concerns, resolve project issues, track scheduling progress, confirm compliance with plans and review quality of work. Ensure safety standards and compliance all assigned projects.
- MANAGE PROJECT FINANCIALS: Maintain up-to-date project progress information and cost of labor and material data for project control and analysis. Review monthly reports with IMPACT’s management to ensure accuracy. Review, approve and code all subcontractor and vendor invoices and time sheets. Ensure that field purchases and equipment rentals are accompanied by a coded field delivery ticket from superintendent. Approve and resolve all back charges, extra work orders and change orders on projects.
- COLLABORATE WITH PROJECT TEAMS: Work with owners, architects and subcontractors on project related challenges and issues. Coordinate design changes with architect or design/build team and furnish instructions to the field. Coordinate final walk-through with owner and architect as well as final payment and close-out documents. Bring critical issues to attention of IMPACT’s management team. Lead job post-mortem meeting to review and to discuss performance of subcontractors, project issues, schedule and estimate analysis, and all items for close-out.\
- COMMUNICATE CLEARLY & FREQUENTLY: Maintain clear and constant communication with IMPACT’s clients and management team. Submit weekly progress reports to owner and IMPACT’s management. Document all field directives from owner or architect that change original scope. Lead all weekly/biweekly project progress meetings addressing safety, schedule, material availability, submittals, changes and delays. Refer all legal issues to attention of IMPACT’s management team.
IMPACT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous company benefits including health insurance, 401(k) retirement program with company match, discounted gym membership, and much more. Our work environment is fast-paced and fun, with opportunities for growth and advancement.
IMPACT Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fairview Heights, IL
• Minimum of 7-10+ years progressive project management experience in private sector construction projects. Experience must include commercial building experience.
• 4-year degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field preferred. MBA and/or other advanced degree or certifications a plus.
• Hands-on and non-hierarchical leadership style with superior listening skills.
• Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. A collaborative yet competitive and resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is desired.
• Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity and character.
• Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and assimilate new information quickly.
Other Skills & Abilities
• Self Starter. Proactively assumes responsibility and is highly motivated to bring results and success to all IMPACT projects.
• Dominance. Willing to make decisions under tight deadlines and able to solve difficult problems. Willing to challenge the status quo with sound logic when appropriate.
• Critical Thinker. Learns quickly. Can think beyond the competition. Ability to connect disparate data to gain strategic insight.
• Relationship Skills. A good presence that commands confidence and respect along with good listening skills necessary to create a strong rapport with clients, architects, design consultants, and subcontractors.
• Communication. Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences and capable of articulating IMPACT’s mission, brand and services both internally and externally.