Are you seeking a challenging leadership opportunity with a growing commercial builder?
Do you desire to grow your knowledge and experience in all facets of commercial construction?
Do you thrive in a highly entrepreneurial environment that rewards personal performance?
… If so, you need to talk to us!
IMPACT Strategies is a full-service commercial builder offering specialized design/build, general contracting, pre-construction management and construction management services to the Central Illinois/St. Louis Metropolitan and Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana areas. For nearly 20 years, our team of highly experienced construction professionals has provided the highest levels of leadership, building, and safety excellence.
IMPACT Strategies specializes in Multi-family, Industrial, retail, commercial, healthcare, educational, and senior living projects.
Due to our continued growth in the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana market, IMPACT Strategies has identified the need for a qualified Project Engineer in our Cincinnati Office to assist the Project Director with accurate project cost proposals with detail ranging from conceptual estimating to completed plan and specification design and general project management. You will work on exciting and challenging projects ranging from $1 million to over $25 million. For more information on IMPACT Strategies please visit BuildwithIMPACT.com
Reports to: Project Director
Summary of Position:
The Project Engineer has responsibility to assist the Project Manager and Field Superintendent with coordination on assigned projects for their timely and profitable completion in a professional manner.
The Project Engineer is expected to learn all the responsibilities of the Project Manager & take an active role in supporting the execution of these duties. Depending on the project, the Project Engineer may have varying degrees of involvement in multiple projects.
- Work with local utilities to order temporary and permanent services for project.
- With assistance of the Project Manager, Project Superintendent, and key subcontractors, establish and maintain the construction schedule.
- Manage the Shop Drawing/Submittal process under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Superintendent:
- Monitor Job Site Safety
- Review job progress and cost reports regularly
- Guide, advise, and assist them to meet job specifications
- Adhere to progress schedules
- Ensure projects are properly manned by subcontractors to meet schedules and budgets
- Assist Project Superintendent as needed with coordination matters
- Coordinate design changes with architect or design/build team and furnish instructions to the field. Obtain written authorization on all changes.
- Approve and resolve back charges, extra work orders and change orders on the projects. Assist Project Manager in preparing change order requests for architects and/or owners’ approval.
- Document field directives from owner or architect, which change scope or original design intent of contract documents. Coordinate and process changes with subcontractors, suppliers, and superintendents.
- Work with owners, architects, and subcontractors on problems dealing with the project. Refer any problem outside of your realm of responsibility, or any problems which require additional staff support to the Project Manager.
- Visit the project site on a regular basis to review problems, compare actual progress against schedule, confirm compliance with plans and specifications, and review the quality of work being performed. Some projects may require full time Project Engineer work onsite to efficiently support the team depending on project size/scope.
- Submit weekly Project Updates to the Project Team.
- Monitor compliance with company safety program on all assigned projects.
- Assist Project Manager with review, approve, and code subcontractor invoices and vendor invoices. Ensure that field purchases and equipment rentals are accompanied by a coded field delivery ticket from the Project Superintendent.
- Coordinate Project Punch List activities. Oversee completion of the project close-out checklist. Transfer utilities to owner and have all meters read. Conduct M.E.P. training with owner representatives and responsible subcontractor representatives.
IMPACT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous company benefits including health insurance, 401(k) retirement program with company match, discounted gym membership, and much more. Our work environment is fast-paced and fun, with opportunities for growth and advancement.
IMPACT Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All inquiries and resume submissions will be treated as strictly confidential.
- 4-year degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field
- Strong computer skills including ability to use project scheduling software, PlanGrid, company communication tools such as email, and MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
Other Skills & Abilities
- Self– Proactively assumes responsibility and is highly motivated to bring results and success to all IMPACT projects.
- Willing to make decisions under tight deadlines and able to solve difficult problems. Willing to challenge the status quo with sound logic when appropriate.
- Critical Thinker. Learns Can think beyond the competition. Ability to connect disparate data to gain strategic insight.
- Relationship A good presence that commands confidence and respect along with good listening skills necessary to create a strong rapport with clients, architects, design consultants, and subcontractors.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences and capable of articulating IMPACT’s mission, brand, and services both internally and externally.