Senior Project Manager (MO-IL Market)
IMPACT Strategies, Inc., is now seeking a client-centric, ops- and tech-savvy Senior Project Manager to support a growing number of commercial construction projects within the local metro-area!
What you will do (your mission!)…
At IMPACT Strategies, Inc. (“IMPACT”), you will (literally) build communities and relationships rooted in trust, accountability and exceptional value. IMPACT’s comprehensive construction management, pre-construction management, design/build, and, general contracting services, along with our record of safety excellence, have earned us recognition as one of the premier commercial builders in the market.
- Drive Operation Team Success – Reporting to IMPACT’s Director of Operations and in close collaboration with IMPACT’s ownership, you will bring multi-family and senior living projects ranging in size from $10M-$40M from ideation to life across the metro area. You will partner closely in pre-construction, including estimation, project insurance, and funding matters, and lead pre-construction conferences for subcontractors. You will direct job site superintendents; oversee job specifications; ensure adherence to schedule and budget; and visit job sites to maintain strong communication while ensuring project compliance, safety, and proper staffing.
- Deliver Exceptional Value to Clients – Partnering closely with owners, architects, and subcontractors, you will navigate project challenges and resolve issues to ensure ongoing value and project success. You will lead weekly/biweekly project progress meetings to address safety, scheduling, material availability, submittals, changes and delays, risk management and legal issues. You will provide financial oversight: review monthly project reports, approve vendor and subcontractor invoices and timesheets, and maintain all labor and material data for project control and analysis.
What qualifies you (skills and experience!) …
- Client Service & People Philosophy – You present with confidence and believe that superior customer service and a consultative approach makes a competitive difference. You have an ability to connect with individuals at all levels and believe each team member makes a critical difference. You listen well and you create strong rapport with clients, architects, design consultants, and subcontractors.
- Prior Project Management Experience – You bring 6-10+ years of progressive experience in project management. You have solid knowledge of commercial building projects and the complexities of estimation, pre-construction, and operational execution for private sector projects in excess of $20M. Prior experience with senior living and multi-family projects is preferred but not required.
- Communication & Accountability – You have developed exceptional communication skills and you communicate transparently with frequency and clarity. You are capable of articulating IMPACT’s mission, brand, and services internally and externally. You have a progressive and innovative attitude towards people, safety, and compliance and you proactively assume responsibility for project results.
- Tech Savvy – You bring solid technology skills and a proficiency in the typical tech stack for project management, including tools similar to PlanGrid, Timberline, Sage Accounting, and FastTrack. You are skilled at utilizing all MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Ops Savvy – You enjoy sharing field insights and ideas for innovation and continuous process improvement with colleagues in operations and project management. You are willing to mentor junior team members and help them grow into great people and project leaders.
- Education – You have a 4-year degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field. Advanced degree a plus, but not required.
What you will love about IMPACT Strategies (our culture!) …
- WORK-LIFE-TRAVEL BALANCE – Anticipated travel is limited. This new role supports growing client requests for new commercial projects typically located within 2-hours of the Metro-Saint Louis region.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL & COLLABORATIVE CULTURE – Founded with an entrepreneurial spirit, IMPACT believes in empowering employees and is a great match for those who enjoy taking ownership in projects and in collaborating with a team of supportive and successful colleagues.
- INTERNAL SUPPORT FOR PM’s & MENTORING – IMPACT’s team is built to deliver project success. From dedicated project assistants to our project engineers and motivated interns, we believe in mentoring and in supporting the projects we manage with top talent at all levels to add value.
- REPEAT CLIENTS & RAVING FANS – Creating raving fan clients is what we do best. We win when we deliver value (and yet again) for our client base. IMPACT is proud to support every client and boasts a high percentage of requests for repeat project work.
- OUR DEPTH & BREADTH – From education, retail and healthcare to senior living and multi-family to office and warehousing and distribution, IMPACT boasts significant industry depth and breadth.
- COMPETITIVE SALARY, SEMI-ANNUAL BONUS PLAN & BENEFITS – Compensation for this position includes a competitive base salary and semi-annual performance bonus incentives. IMPACT offers paid time off; competitive medical, dental and vision benefits; fitness and wellness program; tuition assistance; service award trips every 5 years; and matching 401k plan.
READY TO APPLY?
To apply, take the next step and share your resume with Sarah at Occhio Search & Recruitment. All resumes, referrals and general inquiries will be held strictly confidential. This is a retained search. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPACT Strategies, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome differences in form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or express and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply and we look forward to hearing from you!
Fairview Heights, IL