IMPACT Strategies, Inc., is expanding its team and seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager. Headquartered in Fairview Heights, Illinois, IMPACT has earned recognition as a premier commercial builder by establishing lasting customer relationships based on trust, accountability and exceptional value.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of assigned projects for timely and profitable completion in a professional manner. The Project Manager is responsible for the company client coordination required throughout the period of construction. The Project Manager reports to and seeks direction from the Director of Construction Operations.
Position Description & Primary Responsibilities:
- For all assigned projects, establish a list of material suppliers and subcontractors to be used in the contract on the Master Purchase Schedule. Work with architects, suppliers, and subcontractors in order to buy out the project at the best prices.
- Prepare subcontract, purchase order, or a letter of intent establishing the price to be paid for the service purchased.
- Work with the municipalities and other governing bodies to determine the special conditions and requirements of the project such as permits, bonds, and other special items.
- Work with local utilities to order temporary and permanent services for project.
- Establish a job cost book from the final estimate report. After original job cost entry, perform job cost maintenance to reflect buyout per the master purchase schedule.
- Establish a construction schedule showing all key elements of the project, critical path and float.
- Conduct in-house debriefing with project team to discuss schedule, budget, construction methods and mobilization requirements. Review design drawings and specifications in order to develop a complete understanding of the scope of the project.
- Coordinate project insurance coverage and performance bonds if required. Monitor subcontractor insurance status monthly prompted by administrative staff.
- Work with the project team to assemble a job specific safety plan including logistics plan, hazardous assessment analysis, emergency action plan, and if required, a bridging document with the owner’s safety plan.
- Chair the pre-construction conference (when appropriate) to familiarize the subcontractors with project schedules, construction methods, company procedures and policies, pre-installation meetings, and quality standards.
- Set up schedule of values to be used for monthly applications for payment.
- Supervise and direct Project Superintendents:
-Review job progress, value earned, and cost reports regularly.
-Guide, advise, and assist them to meet job specifications.
-Adhere to progress schedules.
-Complete jobs within budgets.
-Hold Superintendents accountable for results.
- Coordinate design changes with architect or design/build team and furnish instructions to the field. Obtain written authorization on all changes.
- Approve and resolve all back charges, extra work orders, and change orders on the projects. Prepare all change order requests for architects and/or owners approval. Perform estimating of change orders and after approval, perform necessary job cost adjustments.
- Document all field directives from owner or architect on Owner Extra Work Log, which change scope or original design intent of contract documents.
- Visit the project site on a weekly schedule (minimum) and submit weekly progress reports.
- Maintain up-to-date project progress information and cost of labor and material data for project control and analysis.
- Review monthly reports with Director of Construction Operations and ensure their accuracy.
Profitability Analysis Report Submittal Register
Change Order Log Owner Extra Work Log
Master Purchase Schedule Subcontractor Extra Work Log
Job Checklist Construction Schedule
- Ensure compliance with company safety program on all assigned projects
- Schedule and chair all weekly project progress meetings.
- Review, approve, and code all subcontractor invoices and vendor invoices.
- Review time sheets and see that they are coded correctly for proper costing.
- Coordinate with the Project Superintendent to ensure projects are properly manned to meet schedules and budgets.
- Process and review submittals according to schedules for all shop drawings and material samples.
- Coordinate the labor, material, and equipment needs of the project with the Project Superintendent.
IMPACT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous company benefits including health insurance, 401(k) retirement program with company match, discounted gym membership, and much more. Our work environment is fast-paced and fun, with opportunities for growth and advancement.
IMPACT Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fairview Heights, IL
- BS degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture.
- 10-15 years of experience managing projects sized from $5 M – $15 M.
- Experienced in multi-family, assisted living, commercial, warehouse, hospitality, and institutional construction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough and detail-oriented