IMPACT Strategies, Inc., is expanding its team to include an experienced Project Estimator. Headquartered in Fairview Heights, Illinois, IMPACT has earned recognition as a premier commercial builder by establishing lasting customer relationships based on trust, accountability and exceptional value.
The Project Estimator will be required to plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of project estimating on assigned projects. The Project Estimator reports to and seeks direction from the Senior Estimator.
Position Description & Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate/manage all bid proposal requirements and submission with other office personnel.
- Perform quantity take-offs using Timberline Estimating software or other similar construction estimating software.
- Use historical cost and building information to project future costs and schedule durations.
- Collaborate with the pre-construction department to ensure accurate and timely preparation of project budgets and proposals.
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules.
- Assess and review project documents to prepare clear, complete and competitive estimates, general conditions and bid packages.
- Understand project requirements and owner directives and to develop a plan to meet all stated goals, as well as understand and minimize potential risk.
- Responsible for sending out subcontractor invitation to bid solicitations through GradeBeam online subcontractor database.
- Develop a detailed estimate based on the construction plans and specifications.
- Evaluate subcontractor bids and verify included scopes of work. Must be able to identify design gaps for bidding and constructability concern.
- Identify costs associated with local utilities tap fees and local building permits.
- In conjunction with VP of Operations, will coordinate final approval of the GMP, and release of the project to construction.
- Participate in in-house debriefing with the Pre-construction Manager, Director of Operations, Project Manager and superintendent to discuss schedule, budget, construction methods and mobilization requirements.
- Will assist in maintaining the Timberline Estimating database, as well as updating historical project cost database. Will also be responsible for updating/adding potential new subcontractor partners within the GradeBeam subcontractor database.
- Contact potential bidding subcontractor via phone calls and email during the bidding stages to verify bidding interest and scope of work questions.
IMPACT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous company benefits including health insurance, 401(k) retirement program with company match, discounted gym membership and much more. Our work environment is fast-paced and fun, with opportunities for growth and advancement.
IMPACT Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fairview Heights, IL
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience in commercial construction estimating
- General knowledge of construction techniques and industry practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough and detail-oriented